Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Letter to Senator Hagan, Senator Burr and Representative Jones.


Dear Senator Kay Hagan, Senator Richard Burr and Representative Jones,

Thank you Senator Kay Hagan, Senator Richard Burr and Representative Walter B. Jones. Thank you for speaking up for the people of North Carolina and specifically for the people living (and earning a living) in Dare and Hyde counties. It is refreshing to know our representation in Washington D.C. feels concern for the needs of the North Carolinian citizenry. Your letter to Secretary Salazar of the Department of the Interior and Director Lew of the Office of Management and Budget is right on target. I hope your example influences other elected officials to write similarly worded letters to these two officials.

for my readers, see link for copy of the letter

http://hagan.senate.gov/files/110201_Hatteras_OMB.DOI.Letter.pdf

I do not live on the Outer Banks, however I do live in North Carolina and for well over a quarter century I have enjoyed surf fishing along the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Many places I have fished are not easily accessible without the use of an off road vehicle, especially if I am in the company of a senior citizen. These sites are remote and separated from beach access points by miles and miles of sand. The memories I have pursuing Red Drum and Striped Bass on those shores are priceless; well worth the dollars spent on motel rooms, restaurants, groceries, fishing tackle and other miscellaneous sundries. I thoroughly enjoy recreational fishing and spend a fair amount of my disposable income on the sport. I hate to think of a future when access to prime fishing locations at Cape Hatteras (or, for that matter, other National Forest, Seashore and Park lands) are limited or permanently denied by bureaucratic dictates without due regards to the people most affected by such dictates.

Thank you again for expressing your concerns and the concerns of your constituents. Job well done.

Best Regards,

Robert M. Callaway
Surf Fisherman

No comments: